Clarus Commerce has space to add fresh minds to the mix…
Seeking a career with a fast-growing internet marketing company? Great! Be sure to pay close attention to the job list below and apply accordingly.
No recruiters or phone calls please.
Clarus Commerce offers a
wide array of benefits:
Summer Fridays, Gym Membership…and much more!
Date Posted:January 12, 2016
Clarus Commerce is seeking a Communications Specialist. This is an entry level role, ideal for someone who may have recently completed their education or have 1-2 years of experience. The individual will support the Senior Product Manager with managing our branding direction through PR. This person will be responsible for driving thought leadership around the consumer facing shopping subscription product, FreeShipping.com, as well as our business account, Clarus Commerce. This person will have the exciting opportunity to develop and grow our FreeShipping.com and Clarus Commerce brand culture, awareness and content through targeted communications. This role is perfect for a high-energy, creative, and ambitious person who thrives in a collaborative, fast paced environment, and wants to make a large impact. The Communications Specialist will report to the Senior Product Manager on the Marketing Team.
- Assist in driving the strategy for PR campaigns, releases, targeted pitches, and media outreach
- Oversee and act as daily liaison to PR Agency, providing direction and assets as needed
- Keep a pulse on industry and competitive trends and regularly inform larger team of noteworthy news items and opportunities
- Provide direction and aggregated feedback to our in-house copywriter to draft byline stories for new media opportunities
- Research and work to aggregate data for press talking points
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to align a larger communications strategy around prospective opportunities
- Develop and manage content calendar for Clarus Commerce blog
- Manage the performance through use of analytics and reporting tools
- Communicate all press hits to internal teams
- Identify new opportunities for outreach and work with teams to prioritize and implement
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in PR at an agency or within an organization
- Need a solid understanding of the digital and shopping landscape
- Ability to frame pitch stories for both consumer and business media outlets
- Ability to build relationships and work with a variety of coworkers across multiple teams
- High integrity, energy, and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and a capacity to set priorities and meet deadlines
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal who understands the interaction between strategy, content and audience engagement
- Demonstrate proficiency in proofreading and editing materials
- Creative thinker
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or similar required
If you feel that you meet the qualifications for this position, please send your Resume and Cover Letter.