Our Mission at Clarus Commerce is to create great products that strengthen each client’s business, build brand loyalty, and foster long-term, profitable relationships by enhancing the lives of the people who use them.
Thanks to the rise of Internet commerce, today’s marketplace is essentially limitless: With the click of a mouse, you can literally shop the world over. Unfortunately, laying your hands on what you’ve bought isn’t always as quick, easy, or inexpensive as making the purchase is; too often, larger orders and longer transit distances mean higher shipping costs.
In 2001, Vin Villano, our founder, saw the e-commerce revolution unfolding and thought, “Shouldn’t someone ease the growing pain of shipping costs?” So he founded Clarus Marketing Group and bought a URL, FreeShipping.com, and thus was born an idea whose time had come.
Vin spent the next 10 years growing the product and the company. Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) took note of his success, saw the potential for even more, and, in January 2011, made an investment in the company to help fuel its continued growth. Shortly thereafter, Vin Villano joined Clarus’s Board of Directors, and Tom Caporaso was named the new CEO, taking the day-to-day reins of the company. Clarus Marketing Group soon changed its name to Clarus Commerce to better reflect the increasing diversity of our focus and expertise. As our business and workforce grew, we moved our home office to a larger space in Rocky Hill, Connecticut.
Rather than simply build on what we already have, we’ve made a commitment to expand our subscription commerce, now and in the future. Among our recent innovations:
- We’ve partnered with FedEx® to launch Return Saver, a new return shipping product that offers members free return shipping on virtually every online purchase they make, solving the universal pain point of online shoppers who don’t want to pay return shipping charges on online orders that don’t meet their expectations
- We’ve created customized loyalty programs to help our clients build and retain a loyal audience base
- We’ve developed pre-paid shipping services tailored to individual e-commerce websites, which allow our clients to provide free shipping to their customers while replicating the proven success of similar programs in use at top e-commerce portals
We know that good ideas can come from anywhere and anyone, which is why we continue to recruit specialists from outside industries to help us anticipate new opportunities. We’ve hired top-notch talent in the fields of IT, customer service, client services, creative, and marketing optimization to expand our subscription commerce capabilities, develop state-of-the-art technologies, and provide our clients and consumers the savings, services, and mobility they expect and deserve.
Our product-building philosophy is simple: We create and deliver products according to the goals and timeframes of our clients:
- Want to increase your revenues quickly? We can go live with one of our Clarus Direct brands within two weeks.
- Hoping to establish long-term relationships with your customers through a loyalty-building customer solution? Clarus Loyalty can help you form an enduring, branded, customized bond with your audience.
- Looking for a pre-paid shipping program to expand your customer base and build repeat business? Clarus Shipping will help keep your customers coming back again and again.
Whatever your needs and objectives may be, Clarus Commerce is here to help you every step of the way, and we’re committed to offering you the highest-quality products and services. We achieve that by building a high-performance team of people who know the industry and its possibilities better than anyone else does.
Find out what we can do for you — contact us today so we can tailor a program to your needs.